- About Us CapeTown Sound, situated in Woodstock, Cape Town, South Africa, is a music combine embodying a record label, music publishing and state-of-the-art recording facilities. We offer skills in music production, engineering and composition as well as extensive experience in the music industry. Producers and Engineers * Paul Petersen * Patric van Blerk * Keith De Kock * Paul Petersen Paul Petersen, virtuoso guitarist, has been playing professionally since he was sixteen. He moved to Johannesburg to work in 1978 and a year later got his break when he joined afro-jazz band, Spirits Rejoice. With Spirits Rejoice, he recorded the hit songs Paradise Road and Shine On. From the mid-eighties, Paul played from Cape Town to Sun City to the Comoros Islands and back, and has worked with many top acts including Johnny Clegg, Wayne Jackson of the Memphis Horns, J.D. Blair (Shania Twain), Taliep Petersen, David Kramer, Terry Fortune, Jim Roberts, Timmy Thomas, Leo Sayer, Lamont Dozier, Clarence Carter, Margaret Singana, Lionel Petersen, Richard Jon Smith and Dobie Gray. In 1997 Paul and his American-born wife Helen moved to Bowling Green, Kentucky. He built and ran a recording studio while playing in a world-music band based in Nashville. In…
- Studio & EquipmentEquipment & Gear List Cubase 4 Nuendo 4 Reason 4 Record DIGI 002 Pro-Tools System Trident 80c Mixing Console Mackie d8B Digital Console with a bunch of plug in’s Massenburg Eq, Acuma Lab etc. Mackie HDR 24 Track Alesis HD24 Mackie HR824 Monitors Tannoy Passive Reveals Nearfields Alesis Masterlink Furman Headphone Distribution System Headphones , Sennheiser and Fostex Lucid GenX6 Wordclock Lucid Gen x 6-96 BenchMark DAC-1 Avalon 747SP Stereo Compressor and six band eq all discrete Art Pro VLA Stereo/ Dual Compressor Waves L2 UltraMaximizer Aphex 107 Mic Pre’s I pair Neve 1272 Mic Pre’s 1 Pair Neve 34127 Mic Pre’s 8 Calrec 1061 Mic Pre’s 1 Pair Lexicon MX100 TC Electronics M300 USB MidiSport Interface 4×4 x 2 Portman Midi Interface 4×4 Drums Roland V Drums Ludwig Classic Acoustic Kit 3 Piece Cymbals and Hardware Pacifica Drum kit Sound Cards Rme Hammerfall Digi 9652 Saffire Pro 26 x 3 Mics Rode NTK Lauten Audio Horizon Tube Mic Sennheiser 421′s Alesis GT AM 11′s AKG C 3000 B AKG D112 Audio Technica 4033′s Audio Technica 3031′s Audio Technica 825 Stereo Mic Nady L Condenser Neuman U87 Nady Ribbon Royer 121 Ribbon Mic Groovetube SM5 Crown PZM Shure…
- Clients & ArtistClients & Artists Idols Kenya 2008 Sony/Bmg Waterfront Television Universal Music The Engine Room Freshly Ground Camillo Lombard Shannon Mowday Saudiq Kahn Thabo Mluli Alistair Izobel Storm Taliep Petersen (Rip) Wanda Baloi Shannon Mowday Silicon Fly Damiaan City limits DJ Keith Ashton Nyte The Rockets Percy Tucker BJ Jano Innertainment Freemantle Media Heart 104.9 Cape Town P4 Radio KZN Fine Music Radio (FMR) RobRoy Music Delta Films Jupiter Drawing Room Moonlighting Productions Media Lab African Djembe Entertainments G Sharp Productions Paramount Travel Issentials Reeltime Productions Critical Mass EPG Conceptualise (Coca-Cola Megamillions) David Langeman Fernando Perdigao Dave Subkleve David Langeman David Maclean (Maclean Mastering)
- ServicesRecording Mixing Editing Mastering Programming Composition Arranging Sound-to-Picture Foleys Record Label and Music Publishing
- Contact UsContact 40 Queens Park Ave, (Cnr Balfour Rd), Woodstock, Cape Town, RSA Tel : +27 21 447-1937 / Fax: +27 21 447-1937 Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org Patric van Blerk : +27 82 899 2525 email@example.com Paul Petersen : +27 82 597 6069 firstname.lastname@example.org
CapeTown Sound. World-class equipment and a highly experienced team. A recording studio with everything you need to create the perfect sound.
CTS is involved in multi-genre productions – from cutting-edge EDM to theatrical productions – from rock, jazz, adult-contemporary, spoken-word, Afrikaans – plus Cape Town’s beloved ‘Ghoema music’. Our tracking room sings …!